Our magnesium center ball heads are renowned for their smooth and precise movements and high quality manufacturing. PTFE is applied to the ball and blocking pads to eliminate all traces of jarring and skipping. The result is highly accurate positioning adjustments, even with long tele lenses.
• SPRING LOCK The new center SADL (Spring Assisted Double Lock) is a patent pending system that combines two locking systems in one, that maximizes both locking power and ball smoothness. A high friction metal guarantees a high efficiency lock, the PTFE bushing controlled by a pre loaded spring maximizes smoothness and control.
• SAFE GRIP Safe Grip is a material that gives a safer lock between your camera and the head plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping. It is used on quick release plates and in applications where the camera equipment is screwed to the support to reduce pivoting and twisting.
• SEPARATE PAN CONTROL When using a ball head, the ability to lock and unlock the panoramic movement independent of front-back or lateral tilt movements is convenient for panoramic photography and when a high level of control is required.
• SEPARATE FRICTION CONTROL - By fine tuning the freedom of movement of the head, friction control makes the head slower and more precise or faster and looser. This feature also helps to make using heavy equipment or long lenses safer. On ball and fluid head models without separate friction controls, slowly adjusting the lock knobs gives similar results.
• LEVELING BUBBLE The new leveling system made of three independent leveling bubbles on the quick release plate and one in the ball stem, always guarantee perfectly leveled images. The problem that affects many high quality heads in the market regarding drift angle is absolutely minimized with an outstanding value of 0,03Â°.
• DOUBLE QUICK RELEASE SAFETY SYSTEM - The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick release locking knob is released. Extremely useful with heavy equipment, long lenses and spotting scopes. Â
• BUBBLE BALL Gitzo has now developed a new exclusive technology that enables us to produce high quality, completely round hollow spheres, with a ultra thin wall, for an incredible weight reduction. Gitzo Bubble Ball also features a perfected PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface micro roughness for the ultimate shooting experience and accuracy.